Specialist Diploma Course
To support the educational needs of the 21st Century, the Singapore Centre for Chinese Language has rolled out the “Specialist Diploma in Quantitative Language Research” programme. This programme aims to quip Chinese Language teachers with the relevant knowledge and skills to conduct quantitative research, which aim to raise the standards of School-based Chinese Language Research.
1. Programme design
- This programme is recommended for Head of Departments (HOD), Subject Heads, Lead Teachers, Senior Teachers and teachers interested in leading school-based research.
- These courses are conducted under TRAISI system. MOE will sponsor the training cost for the MOE-Employed Trained Education Officers.
- The participants upon completion of 6 courses from Levels One and Level Two, and a assignment (1200-1500 words) will attain a Certificate in Quantitative Language Research.
- The participants will proceed to level 3 to attend the Pedagogy Research workshop and to conduct a school-based research. Upon completion, to submit a school-based research report (5000-6000 words) to attain the Specialist Diploma in Quantitative Language Research.
a) Level One
- Select 1, 2 or 3 courses to attain a Certificate of Attendance.
(语文量化研究专科文凭 Specialist Diploma 1）
(语文量化研究专科文凭 Specialist Diploma 2)
b. Formulating a feasible research topic
c. Constructing a logical, operationable research design
(语文量化研究专科文凭 Specialist Diploma 3）
b. Non-comparison Group Pre-test/Post-test Design
c. Random-groups Multi-factors Experimental Design
d. Single Group and its Threats to Validity
b) Level Two
- Undertake all 3 courses and complete a assignment (1200-1500 words) to attain the Certificate in Quantitative Language Research.
- Complete a total of 6 courses from Level One and Level Two, as well as a assignment before proceed to Level 3: Specialist Diploma.
(语文量化研究专科文凭 Specialist Diploma 4）
b. Observation Record
c. Attitude Scale
(语文量化研究专科文凭 Specialist Diploma 5）
b. Effect Size
c. T-test and Probability
d. Correlation Coefficients
(语文量化研究专科文凭 Specialist Diploma 6）
b. Excerpt, Criticism and Analysis
c. Quantitative Data Analysis
d. Citation Formatting
c) Level Three
- Participants will the Pedagogy Research workshop and to conduct a school-based research.
To register on TRAISI website by keying in the course code under "Search Prospectus".
3. Contact Details